Examples of Advocacy Newsletters, Presentations & Blogs
Examples of Advocacy Newsletters
These advocacy newsletters are examples of how organizations promote their efforts and update their members on issues of interest. These items were selected for their variations on graphic layout and content presentation.
- National Snow and Ice Data Center Archives and Resource Center, “Support NSIDC Archives and Resource Center” brochure, 2012.
- American Association for State and Local History, Technical Leaflet #252, “The Gift of History,” 2010.
- Credit Union Central of Canada, Legislative Bulletin, December 17, 2013.
- Credit Union National Association, Regulatory Advocacy Report, July 8, 2013.
Examples of Advocacy Presentations
Below are examples of presentations used by organizations to advocate for their institutions:
- American Alliance of Museums, “Making the Case for Museums: 75 Advocacy Ideas in 75 Minutes,” Alliance Annual Meeting – Baltimore, May 19, 2013
- Center for Lobbying in the Public Interest, “Make a Difference For Your Cause: Strategies for Nonprofit Engagement in Legislative Advocacy,” 2006
Examples of Advocacy Blogs
Blogs suggest ideas for action, provide timely notification and updates on issues of interest, and thoughtfully evaluate the results of advocacy efforts.
- Society of American Archivists ArchivesAWARE blog
- Society of American Archivists–Issues & Advocacy Roundtable blog
- National Trust for Historic Preservation–Preservation Leadership Forum blog
- Preservation Action’s blog for historic preservation advocacy